All Aboard Florida will begin construction on a $29 million station in West Palm Beach by the end of December.
The station will be located between Datura and Evernia streets, and will include seating for 180 people. A 90-vehicle surface parking lot will also be included.
An 89-year old building currently at the site could be demolished within 60 days.
About the Station
• All Aboard Florida’s West Palm Beach station will be located downtown between Datura and Evernia street
• The nearly 60,000 square foot future station and platform in downtown West Palm Beach will be located between Datura and Evernia Streets, with CityPlace and the Kravis Performing Arts
Center to the South, and the government center district and Clematis Street to the north
• This new gateway into the city and Palm Beach County will connect with the neighborhood’s existing vehicular, trolley, and pedestrian networks and establish links to the Tri -‐Rail and Amtrak
West Palm Beach Station, creating a new transport ation hub for the West Palm Beach area
• Station design elements include a modern, multi-‐story lobby spanning an elevated passenger lounge area for travelers, and parking facilities
• All Aboard Florida’s West Palm Beach station is being planned and designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), in association with Zyscovich Architects