Miami voters approved a lease with developers that will allow construction of the $185M Riverside Wharf complex, and a groundbreaking date has been announced.
According to an announcement yesterday by the developers, groundbreaking will take place in the second quarter of 2023.
Also in yesterday’s announcements, the developers detailed what Riverside Wharf will include:
- 165-key Dream Miami luxury hotel
- “World-class” 30,000-square-foot nightclub and rooftop dayclub
- “High-energy” 12,000-square-foot event hall and mezzanine
- The rebirth and expansion of The Wharf Miami, with 16,000 square feet of signature restaurants
- A private marina capable of accommodating megayachts
- New public riverwalk along the development site
- Pop-up Garcia’s Fish Market on the grounds, where locals can get the freshest catch daily
The Wharf Miami will close temporarily when construction begins, and will reopen permanently within the new development upon completion.
MV Real Estate Holdings in conjunction with Driftwood Capital and Merrimac Ventures are the developers.
They will be getting a 50-year extension to their lease for the property, after 60.12 percent of voters were in favor of the deal.
Jon Cardello of Cube3 architects is designing the complex.