Miami Station Tower Is Replacing Krystal Tower

Krystal Tower is being reincarnated as a new project called Miami Station Tower, likely a rental.

The owner of the property finalized a new deal with the county last week that would bring utilities for a residential project on the property. Krystal had been stalled for some time.

Miami Station Tower will include 153 apartments and 4,989 square feet of retail, the paperwork states. That is the same number of units that had been planned at the Krystal condo tower.

Architect GliddenSpina has also changed the name of the project on their website to Miami Station Tower.

 

 

20 Comments
most voted
newest oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
marc
4 years ago

Good. More people and more infill in that part of town.

Anonymous
4 years ago

I agree marc. Although some people would say that location is a little sketchy, at the right price it is a plus for a neighborhood that sits so close to the core of the new downtown being built to the east of it.

Marc305
4 years ago

The area might be a little sketchy now but not for long, glad that they took over this project.

suomynona
4 years ago

It’s not sketchy. You have to travel a quarter-mile in the wrong direction to enter a sketchy area. But you literally have no need to do that from this location. And in 5-10 years this rejuvenated area will slowly start spreading its influence north and west.

Anonymous
4 years ago

I like it!!!!!

Anonymous
4 years ago

Very nice for that area.

Anonymous
4 years ago

You know, not everything has to have Miami in front of it. Lol.

marc
4 years ago

It’s to capitalize its proximity to Miami Central Station I’m sure.

Anonymous
4 years ago

Does anyone know who or what they are building directly north across the street from Krystal ? It is a large building site with no signage and are 3-4 stories high so far. It’s a mystery.

marc
4 years ago

It’s 3 Miami Central, parking for Miami Central Station as well as commercial space. It’s been documented plenty of times on this very site.

AndrewN
4 years ago

Yes, it is 3 Miami central. 12 floors of office space with grocery at base.

Karl
4 years ago

in the second rendering, Skyrise seems completely out of proportion. They show it as a 50 story of 500 foot tower where in reality it will be 1,000 ‘.

Anonymous
4 years ago

Does anyone know who is the new architect involved in this? I contacted GliddenSpina for some info and they stated that The Next Miami misstated and that they have no involvement on this project this time around….

Anonymous
4 years ago

Is that skyrise in the 2nd rendering? Lol

Jesus
4 years ago

I hope it’s affordable. Most construction in miami caters to families of 4 that earn $100000 or more. Only 15 percent of all people have that level of income. That leaves 85 percent of Americans out of the market causing less people who would like to live in downtown to end up not living in it.

Anonymous
4 years ago

Supply and Demand. Plus, not everyone is entitled to living in downtown or any place just because you want to live there. If you can not afford it then you should move further away.

suomynona
4 years ago

That doesn’t work so well when you have an inadequate mass transit system.

Streets were sold off cheap
4 years ago

Miami WorldCenter is closing off streets to the east so residents and customers going to this site will be stuck.

suomynona
4 years ago

This is located on 6th St not 7th.

Anonymous
4 years ago

yuck.