Three-Story Retail Center Planned On Historic Collins Avenue Property
A pair of historic properties on Collins Avenue could soon have a new three-story addition, if Miami Beach’s Historic Preservation Board approves.
The retail buildings at 600 and 604 Collins Avenue were originally built in 1924 and 1930 as the Miami Beach Bank and Trust and the Biscayne Fish Market. They were designed by architects J.T. Turner and R.A. Taylor.
Architect Allan Shulman has prepared plans that includes the partial demolition of a historically significant but structurally deficient bungalow, and a three-story retail addition. The retail center would quintuple in size to 27,446 square feet, from the current 5,220 square feet.
The developer is Synergy 8 Capital/ Optimum USA, managed by Ricardo Tabet.