Plans were recently filed for yet another apartment building near the Douglas Road Metrorail station.
The project was submitted with the name Merrick Parc Phase 1 (renderings show that there will be a second phase).
Merrick Parc Phase 1 is planned to rise 20 stories, or 235 feet and include:
- 247 residential units and related amenities
- 9,485 square feet of commercial and office space
- 291 off street parking spaces
Parking is on ground level through level 4, with the garage partially lined with residential. Parking space count is proposed to be reduced from Miami 21 zoning requirements using a 30% waiver, since it is in a Transit Oriented Development area (code would have required 389 total on and off street spaces).
Behar Font is the architect.
Merrick Parc, LLC is the developer.
Miami’s Urban Development Review Board voted 5 to 0 to recommend approval at a February 15 meeting.
The board recommended that designers of the project consider the following:
- Evaluate the entrances and corners. Expand on the relationship to the retail
- Articulate the roof to define the top of the Building, create a transition between building and sky