World-renowned architect Carlos Zapata is designing 555 River House, a project that would transform a portion of the Miami River.
O’Donnell Dannwolf and Partners is also an architect for the project.
555 River House is proposed to include:
Three distinct buildings
175 hotel rooms
39 residential units
120,000 square feet of office
35,650 square feet of commercial
416 parking spaces
600-foot public riverwalk
Ten boat slips
Green walls and a transparent parking structure will be used to allows for natural light and breezes. Organic materials will be used, including steel and concrete formed within reflective glass structures to render expansive open spaces.
Brickell’s bridge would likely see a reduction in traffic, since the property is now being used as a port to send freight to the Caribbean.
Avra Jain is the manager of some of the LLCs that submitted the proposal, with Terryl Zerby managing another. A 2017 report said that Jain and Bob Zangrillo owned a 45 percent interest in the property, with Zerby the remaining 55 percent.
The Miami River Commission is scheduled to review the plans at a June 3 meeting. Earlier this month, a River Commission subcommittee approved the plans.