Thomas Juul-Hansen Designs Condos At Former Hebrew Home In South Of Fifth

Developer JHPSB Collins Ventures, LLC submitted plans for a new 20-unit condo at 302-336 Collins Avenue in the South of Fifth neighborhood of Miami Beach.

Danish architect Thomas Juul-Hansen designed the building, while Charles H. Benson Associates serves as the local architect of record. Plans also call for the restoration and partial demolition of historic buildings on the property.

Miami Beach’s Historic Preservation Board must approve the new building. The board previously approved an after-the-fact emergency demolition of a 1936 structure at 310 Collins Avenue, on the condition that any new building on the site either replicate or embodies the scale and massing of the demolished building. The developer must now convince the board to waive that requirement.

The project is owned by Hedge Fund trader Dhruv Piplani, who controls an 85% stake, along with Jason Halpern, who controls the remaining 15%.

 

Previously: South Of Fifth Hebrew Home Sold To Aloft Developer