The city of Miami and Ultra Music Festival have a new draft agreement for the use of Bayfront Park which will see rent at least double.
The new agreement includes:
- $2 million in minimum annual rent, with a percentage charge on ticket sales that could boost that number
- Usage period of the park limited to 30 days
- Decibel level limits during festival, and time limitations on sound and light checks
- $1,000 per minute surcharge if the event extends past midnight
- Restoration of park to original state, and coverage of extras like police and fire
The agreement is scheduled to be reviewed by Miami’s commission at a meeting on July 26.